Definitions and interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to me via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Data Protection Laws
any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the GDPR, and any national implementing and supplementary laws, regulations, and secondary legislation;
the UK General Data Protection Regulation;
Kovacs Arbitration, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 13099553 whose registered office is at C/O Bailey Oster, Mellor House 65-81, St Petersgate, Stockport, SK1 1DS;
I or me
Csaba Kovács, the owner of Kovacs Arbitration;
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website; and
the website that you are currently using, www.kovacs-arbitration.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- I may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- job title;
- contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers, bank account details;
- I collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to me by you; and
- data is collected automatically.
- I will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact me through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- when you use my arbitrator services;
- To the extent that you access the Website, I will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- I automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps me to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website.
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by me from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using my Website. Who I share Data with
- I may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- other legal professionals, arbitral institutions, experts and other witnesses during an arbitration and as required by law;
- relevant authorities – to comply with a legal obligation;
- I will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- I store your Data on secure servers.
- My Website is certified to SSL. This family of standards helps me manage your Data and keep it secure.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let me know immediately by contacting me via this e-mail address: [email protected].
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses. Data retention
- Even if I delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes. Your rights
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information I hold about you at any time, or (ii) that I modify, update or delete such information. Where I am legally permitted to do so, I may refuse your request. If I refuse your request, I will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that I delete or remove your Data from my systems.
- Right to restrict my use of your Data – the right to block me from using your Data or limit the way in which I can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that I move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to my use of your Data.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is my legal basis for processing your Data), please contact me via this e-mail address: [email protected].
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by me, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/. Links to other websites
How I collect Data
Data that is collected automatically
Keeping Data secure